Tuesday, March 11, 2014

35 calorie meringues!


Hooray, I have found my new favorite recipe for my gorgeous new cake stand (thanks Grandpoppy and Grandkay)!  These soft melt-in-your-mouth pillows of guilt-free goodness are a total of a whopping 35 calories each and only require 3 ingredients.  I think I might be in love.  With a breastfeeding newborn on my hands, I only have so much time to bake and these little beauties are quick and easy to make.  

Lawson is doing great! He is a constantly hungry boy, so I pretty much stay glued to my "nursing" chair with baby in arms.  Therefore, when he actually allows me to put him down, I know I have a finite amount (like 30 minutes or less) of time to get showering, laundry, cleaning, cooking, (and if I'm lucky) baking done, lol!

Anyway, here is the recipe and some cute photos of my expressive boy's many poses :)



Recipe:
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips (or topping of choice)

Preheat oven to 300.  Line 2 baking trays with parchment.  Whip egg whites until soft peaks form.  Add sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form.  Fold in mini chocolate chips (or mini Reeses pieces or whatever you want to add - sprinkles would be fun or even crushed Heath).  Use a mini scoop and scoop onto parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Eat up to 3 for a quick 100 calorie snack ;)  


No comments:

Post a Comment