Monday, July 23, 2012

Eggless French Toast!


Well, I woke up this past Sunday morning to realize that we didn't have any eggs or turkey bacon in the house, so I had to get creative and boy am I glad that I did because this eggless french toast recipe was DELICIOUS!

I have a client that I bake for who's son is allergic to eggs and peanuts, so this no egg for breakfast dilemma really hit me on how hard it must be for her every morning to come up with something tasty.  So, for all you vegans out there or for those of you who can't have eggs, this recipe is a must try :)

1 cup almond milk or soymilk
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
5 slices of whole wheat bread

whisk together first 5 ingredients. dip bread in the batter for 20 seconds on each side, then dip them in the walnuts.  Heat a skillet with a little canola oil and butter. place bread on skillet and cook each side until golden brown.  top with cinnamon sugar and maple syrup.

* We topped ours with a delicious homemade fuji apple syrup that was given to me by a dear friend and the apple flavor really played well with the cinnamon and walnuts... in fact you could even dice up some apples to put on top or in your syrup ;)  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment