Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Ball


My mom made her original southern version of this with pimento cheese for Christmas while Prescott and I were back home visiting family and I have to say I think every woman in our family asked for the recipe!  It was that good.  As simple as it might sound (which it is totally simple) it also surprisingly packs a lot of flavor.  

I, of course, made it healthier and put my own spin on it with changing out the pimentos for jalapenos and adding hot sauce instead of worcestershire sauce.  It is perfect for a quick, easy app to entertain guests and I happen to be able to use it sooner than I expected when my best friend and recent made of honor, Darby, came into town last weekend with her equally as sweet and charming boyfriend.

It was a delight having them over and I think all four of us would agree that this was a yummy way to start off a lovely evening of catching up and reminiscing on good times.


1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz. package of reduced fat cream cheese
2 Tbsp. diced jalapeno 
2 tsp. hot sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
small bag of pecan pieces


Mix together softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, diced jalapeno, hot sauce and a dash of salt and pepper until fully combined.  Roll into a ball and then roll into the pecan pieces.  Refrigerate or enjoy immediately.

Serve as a dip with reduced fat wheat crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment