Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Top Three Lists!

Okay, ya'll, so take this blog post with a grain of salt or, like me, with a glass of vino and please don't take any of this personally, especially if you have found yourself doing or saying any of these three things to me.  This blog post is purely for fun and written quite sarcastically for a good laugh.  If you are a mom, then you should get it and think its hilarious.  Also, just a side note, I too have found myself saying and doing many of these things to my friend's babies, sometimes you just can't help it.  Anyway, hope you enjoy reading it and I'm done with my precursor now ;)
Top 3 questions not to ask a new mom:

1. Do you want to have another?
Well I have one now, so let's try to focus on that, shall we?

2. Does he sleep through the night? 
Of course he doesn't, he's a baby for crying out loud! Ask me again in 5 years, thanks.

3. How can he still be hungry?

Um, I don't know, maybe because he's a growing boy that will more than triple his birth wait within the next year?!?!

Top 3 things TO tell a mom:

1. He's so cute.

2. What a sweet/smart/good baby - choose your adjective, any of them work!

3. You're such a good mom.

3 things not to do to a baby that's not yours:

1. Touch his feet ( why does every person want to grab my baby's feet, it's like he has magnets on them. It's the same thing as touching a pregnant woman's belly, just don't do it!)

2. Get in his face and start making crazy faces and noises (please just chill out and stop over stimulating my child, you are freaking him out!)

3. Call him chubby, big or little, all have negative connotations. Just tell him how cute he is and don't worry about his size.

Top 3 things I didn't expect to do as a mom:

1. Pick my babies nose, ears, scalp and everything else that needs to be mom picked at.

2. Nurse him everywhere! In restaurants, in the car, in bed, while I'm shopping, on the toilet, like I said everywhere!

3. Not be able to physically go back to work and leave my baby with someone else. Don't expect to be able to do that unless you have to or want to. For me, I thought I would be able to go back in no time and after I had the baby I quickly realized how much everything changed and that going back to work my normal schedule was not going to be possible and that I needed and wanted to be home to raise my baby the best way I possibly could.

Top 3 things I regret thinking before I had a baby:

1. Why did those people bring their baby to dinner, on the plane, to that wedding?

2. Couldn't they just get a babysitter or isn't that what grandparents are for?

3. How could they get rid of their pets just because of a baby, how mean, we'd never do that? Oh yes you would, just wait til you have a baby. Some people have no problem, kudos to them!

My top 3 baby food recipes:

1. Sweet Potatoes (This is Lawson's favorite)
- Bake your forked and washed sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet (easier clean up!) at 450 for 30-60 minutes until a fork pierces through it with ease.  

- Wait for them to cool a little to prevent scorching your hands and then peel off the skin and place the potato meat into your blender or food processor with desired amount of purified water until it has reached the consistency you desire for your baby's food (I normally do about 1 cut of water to 1 regular size sweet potato).

* Store in fridge 3-5 days and freeze the rest.  I love to use my baby bullet system's storage cups or you can use mini mason jars or ice cube trays.

2. Prunes (Perfect to keep your baby regular or help with constipation, works like a charm)
- Place 1 cup of pitted dried prunes in 1 cup of purified water and microwave for 30 seconds.

- Let the prunes sit in the warm water for 5-10 minutes to swell up and moisten.

- Pour prunes and water into blender or food processor until completely smooth.

* Store in fridge 3-5 days and freeze the rest.  I love to use my baby bullet system's storage cups or you can use mini mason jars or ice cube trays.

3. Sweet Peas (Lawson has yet to try these yet, but mama tasted them and thought they were delish)
- Place a frozen steam-in-bag package of sweet peas into the microwave for specified time (usually 5 minutes)

- Let cool for a couple of minutes to prevent steaming your face or open bag immediately for a nice facial ;)

- Place 2 cups of peas and 1/2 cup of purified water into blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth 

* Store in fridge 3-5 days and freeze the rest.  I love to use my baby bullet system's storage cups or you can use mini mason jars or ice cube trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment