Monday, August 11, 2014

Lawson at 6 Months!


It is hard to believe that my little baby is already half a year old, but I have to say, like I have slowly been saying all along, this is my new favorite stage.  So much has changed in just a matter of 6 months.  He's like a totally different baby.  Yes, newborn moms, it does get easier (to a certain extent)! Especially with the breastfeeding.  I know when I first started nursing, it seemed so hard and painful.  Now Lawson doesn't nurse nearly as much and it doesn't hurt at all.  So, yes, that does get easier for sure.

Lawson can also now entertain himself, which is awesome!!! This finally gives mommy a break to be able to bake, respond to work emails or do other things around the house without being attached at all times to my little guy.  Not that I don't love carrying ALL 20 pounds of you ALL the time, little Lawson, but mommy's arms need a break every now and then! He has also learned to better express himself and his wants/needs.  I have such a better idea of who he is and what makes him happy and trust me, that boy knows how to express himself when he is NOT happy, ha! 

He not only rolls now but he also sits.  It is an incredible feeling seeing him conquer these milestones.  I can't even begin to describe the pride a parent feels when their child does something for the first time, it is just so exciting.  I think Lawson is just as proud of himself as daddy and I are of him.  He loves to sit up.  I can leave him sitting on the bed or couch, surrounded by pillows of course, for minutes at a time while he just squeals in excitement that he is sitting without mommy or daddy's help.  

He is almost 20 pounds now and at least 2 feet long, CRAZY!  He still loves to eat all his new foods, play peekaboo, go on walks in the baby bjorn, be held and walked around as much as possible, play with his toys (this is new and really cool) and put just about anything he can get his little hands on into his mouth.  His favorite thing to do right now is to grab ping pong balls, throw them and then have mommy and daddy hand them back to him.  This was daddy's idea, in hopes of getting his sports grip and eye hand coordination started early, ha!

On that note, we are excited for fall, football, cooler weather and pumpkin flavored everything :)  This weekend is Prescott's birthday, so I will be sure to take lots of photos.  We also got Lawson's 6 month photos taken this past weekend and of course I will be sure to share those as soon as we get them back too.  Until then, keep cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment