Monday, September 14, 2015

The Move, Renovations and Lawson at 19 Months!


Hooray! We did it.  We survived the 108 degree move!!!  

It was definitely a scorcher, but nonetheless, we pushed through and made it all happen.  It has been an absolutely insane past month!  I had no idea what an undertaking moving was.  I seem to always underestimate these types of things?!? 

I'm not sure who buys a brand new house and then rips everything up and renovates it within the first day of receiving the keys but that is exactly what this crazy Van Buskirk household did and I think we might have gone a little nuts in the process, but the good thing is that it is all done now.  

At least the main renovations, like the floors, cabinets, countertops and landscaping, are finished, so we don't have to live through that anymore.  We literally had four different crews all working in the house at the same time and I'm pretty sure they all hated me for that :/  Oops!  This is why I am a bakery manager and not a construction manager, haha.  

There have been endless projects since we moved in and so many more on our wish list but they will have to wait.  It is so hard moving into a new house, you just want everything to be done all at once and in a sense we did but Prescott and I have to restrain ourselves from going overboard, which is oh so easy to do!

Lawson has been a total handful recently as well, which has not helped maintain our stress level along with constant issues at the bakery and Prescott's job.  We have definitely overloaded ourselves once again, but are also starting to see the end of the rainbow and are ready to get there!  For now we just have to remain patient and do what we can when we can.

Here are some photos of the pre move, mid construction and post move with post renovation photos to come soon once I get everything in order :)

Lawson and Daniel having their last spin around the old house

Having fun boxing everything up

Hey look mom, look, I found my shoe (Lawson's FAVORITE word to say)

All of the construction crews, all at once!

Kitchen Before

Kitchen During





Obsessed.

Every hard or bad day I have, I just remind myself that this is my range

Lawson ready to "GO" (Also his favorite word, we don't know where he gets that from)

Installing the hardwoods


Installing the baby gates, which Lawson was less than fond of!

Lawson enjoying his new playroom


Patio Before

Pouring the Concrete


Sodding the yard



Lawson's abode.

No comments:

Post a Comment