Thursday, May 31, 2012

Apricot, Goat Cheese and Pecan Salad with Poppyseed Dressing


Hi y'all!  So, I just had to post this yummy weeknight salad, but I also wanted to update you on my recovery.  

It has been about 6 weeks since my surgery and I am almost completely back to normal.  I let my steri strips fall off (or rather I trimmed them mm by mm until eventually they were all gone) which took a full 5 weeks to happen, as opposed to ripping them off after the second week which is what I was told to do at the hospital.  I would recommend letting them come off naturally on their own timing and am glad that I chose to do so :)  The only other things I still can't do is lift heavy objects or do intense workouts.  I want to thank everyone for not only praying for my health in the beginning, but also praying for a swift recovery because once again... it worked!  

Okay, now onto this tasty salad.
Place all ingredients below on your plate and dig in...

spinach
fresh sliced apricots 
(they are one of the only fruits in season right now and are out of this world delicious)
sliced red onion
blackberries
raw pecan pieces
crumbled honey goat cheese (from Trader Joe's, if possible)
sliced honey or smoked turkey or chicken meat (optional)
all natural or low fat poppyseed dressing drizzled on top

No comments:

Post a Comment