Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Delicious Secret Ingredient Cookies!

I guess I am starting a trend here with my secret ingredient recipes, so what is the secret ingredient this time you ask?  

Well, you aren't going to believe it, it's black beans!  I know what you are thinking (exactly what I was thinking when I read the recipe) that sounds horrible and I bet they taste disgusting.  Well, my friends I have proved us both wrong again.  

Not only is spinach tasty in smoothies, apparently black beans are delicious in cookies... Who knew?!?!  Seriously, these are a must try.


Inspired by Eliza's Edibles Recipe:
Ingredients
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed well
  • 2 T. milk
  • 1.5 T. peanut butter/nut butter of choice
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 3 T. whole wheat flour
  • ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ½ c. + 1 T. sugar 
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • ⅓ c. dark chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Combine black beans, milk, peanut butter, and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
  3. Add in whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, and continue processing until combined and mousse-like.
  4. Stir in ⅓ c. dark chocolate chips.
  5. Spoon 16 dollops evenly spaced dollops of the batter onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with the extra chocolate chips.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes.
  7. Let cool slightly, then put on a baking rack until they are cooled completely.
  8. ENJOY!!
Notes
Store in the refrigerator due to the black beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment