Friday, March 2, 2012

Honey Lime Sweet Potato Puree!

Perfect side dish to any meal... absolutely delicious.

Prescott and I had my dad and his lovely girlfriend over for dinner tonight, which is always a fun time because I know it revolves around a night full of good wine and great food.  And tonight did not disappoint.  Le menu included fillets, spinach salads and honey lime sweet potato puree (this was my favorite).  Then of course for dessert we had these amazing little key lime pies in individual ramekins, I will post that next... another great one to add to the recipe books ;)

Simply microwave 4 sweet potatoes (I personally like the ones already prewrapped - they always cook evenly and maintain their moistness).  Once they are soft and mushy to the touch, scoop all the insides into a blender, add half a stick or so of Smart Balance or whatever butter you want and then squeeze in about 1/4 cup of honey and juice of 1-2 limes. Then, hit the blender button and continue until a silky smooth texture is achieved.  I topped each portion with lime zest.

YUM!  Put this on your "must try" list now.

note: mashed potatoes of any type are really made to taste, so you can alter along the way as you see fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment